Sunday, September 26, 2010

DALK [Surgery + 4 Days]

Not much to report other than the pain and discomfort have decreased considerably. Friday, I stuck to my plan, foregoing any caffeine products and staying indoors. Had pizza delivered and caught up on some freelance writing work. I still could not keep my left eye open for long, but by the time I went to bed I was not bothered at all. Taking Tylenol in the evening helped a great deal.

Saturday, I woke up for a few hours in the morning and promptly took a nap :) Apparently, I had not been sleeping very well because this nap was very deep and well-needed. I actually dreamed and woke up refreshed. After a few minutes, I realized that I could keep my eye open with absolutely no problems! I have been religious with my eye drops and have tried to close the eye as much as possible just to keep it rested.

Today is much the same as yesterday, although the eye seems considerably more dry. Not as sensitive to light as previous days. I'm having coffee so that I can knock out some writing, and I'm not noticing any considerable discomfort. As coffee tends to dry me out, I expect to be using a lot of the wetting drops today. My vision has not changed. When I put in eye drops, the liquid allows me to have spots of clarity that are quite remarkable, but mostly things are still blurry.

I expect to see steady improvement over the next 6 months to a year. As long as the discomfort goes away and I can carry on with daily activities then I don't mind being patient. Thankfully, I'm very good about things like this, long-term-projects, so any problems I have with the eye will not be because of lack of attention or care on my part. I even have some safety goggles to wear for yard work and house work just to keep the eye clean of dust.

Physically, the eye looks much improved. Still a little bloodshot (from the Vigamox too) but otherwise looking pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment