Saturday, February 5, 2011

DALK [ Surgery + 4 Months]

Day-to-day reports are unnecessary as the vision in the eye changes often by small measures depending on dryness, pressure and my daily activities. I consider myself very fortunate that I work from home, as I am sure it has helped my recovery.

Overall, I'm doing very well. Saw Dr. Holland yesterday and had a full eye exam. The eye looks great, no scarring (maybe some around the edges) and no other complications. I "pinholed" at 20/30 and was able to reach 20/30 while testing through actual lenses.

That means I can go to my optometrist and try for some prescription glasses or even soft contacts. They said in 9 months I could get Lasik! Amazing. I won't do that, but nice to know I have the option.

They did not remove any stitches because the topography of the graft it checking out OK. Nice and flat.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent news! So are they saying that you could have lasik on month 9 or in 9 additional months? Dr. Holland spoke to me as if the Lasik was routinely part of the procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott,

    Yes...they said that 9 months from now (9 additional months) I could consider Lasik. They want to make sure they get all the stitches out beforehand. I was actually pretty surprised.

    ReplyDelete